Sinister: B&S on Norwegian telly

Haakon Johnsen haajohns at xxx.net
Sat Feb 27 19:50:45 GMT 1999

hi everyone,
Last week a journalist from NRK went to Glascow to meet Richard Colburn.
He showed us the place where he and Stuart lives. Apparently Richard and
Stuart runs this club for the local youngsters called The Friday
Alternative. I don't know if this is old news to some of you, but I
didn't know about it.Richard said that the club wasn't very popular. We
also saw Belle & Sebastians rehersal room. The room was pretty empty
since the band was in the studio recording, but he told us a very
interesting thing. Stuart tend to forget the lyrics so all their records
were hanging on the wall so that Stuart could easily read the lyrics.
The whole thing was mixed together with clips from the Dirty Dream #2
video and also the Wicked video.
A really nice thing indeed, and I have it all on tape.

n.p Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand (on red vinyl)

haakon