Sinister: Let's get the show on the road

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Sat Feb 27 20:44:54 GMT 1999

OK Chums, here we are again on a new list. Hopefully we'll have just as
great a time from now on as we have had over the last few years. Here's
some of my personal favourites...

All the people - you know who you are - and their posts to this list that
make it bloody funny, and make it worthwhile reading.

Meeting everyone at gigs, and getting horrendously pissed up for a laugh.
Manchester in particular last Christmas was bloody hilarious, seeing cause
and effect, with Chris Geddes being razzled up to the eyeballs, and
apparently then hueyed into a bucket at the concert the next day. I didn't
make it, too hungover

Stevie Trousers visiting Glasgow, getting out of the CCA for the second
week in a row without paying for the meal

Meeting Roddddney Begbie in London. I gave the chap lines at school once,
but he grew up to be a lovely chap.

Seeing David McCarthy shocked as fuck when we all went for a picnic in
Glasgow, when he realized that for about half an hour he'd been talking to
Stuart Murdoch without realising it.

10 Roddington Place

Peter Miller noticing that I was subliminally quoting 10CC song titles in
my message subjects, after only 2 of them!

With Tag in London, on a bus getting "No sleep till Hammersmith" and
singing "Mirrors" by Sally Oldfield

Meeting the Duke in London and realizing that he's just as vulnerable as
the rest of us :).

Seeing Belle and Sebastian win at the Brit Awards legitamately as a result
of lots of fans voting because they love the band. Seeing Pete Waterman
fucked off cause it was the only award the industry didn't control, and
they didn't win it. Pity in some ways, I've always sort of liked Pete
Waterman, plus I thought he'd be dead into Belle and Sebastian. Never mind
eh - how your heroes fall.

A few weeks ago when me and Chris Leonard decided to have a "drinking
competition" which involved trying to drink as much as possible without
lifting our pints off of the table. This seriously escalated and we wound
up having to have a bloody good wash in the bogs.

Northy's "mate" posting to the list to tell everyone what a chod he was.

At Brighton Beach in Leeds with B+S and loads of the list posse, wound up
signing an autograph for a lovely chap on the list for fun myself, he
posted to the list next day having recognized my stupid drunken scrawl.

Christ I'm going to have to stop now, there's just too many. I could write
a book on the subject, sorry about the other people not mentioned in name -
it's purely for the amount of typing I'd have to do.

Love you all,
  Keith.