Sinister: Let's all give Dave's mum a hand, shall we?

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Sun Feb 28 02:48:24 GMT 1999

Well, I for one am very glad that the Sinister Nation is back in action. I
feel like I should go pop open a bottle of champagne or something.. I did feel
lost without this online list, Honey, and I'm very glad that it's up and
running.

          Now: a question for the group. I'm making a tape for my mother, as
she's heard some Belle and Sebastian playing in my room and liked it a lot.
I'm going to put five songs or so, plus some Nick Drake, and some classical.
The question is this.... what Belle and Sebastian songs are the ideal ones to
introduce someone to the sound we all know and love? Yes yes, they all are
good. I know. But a brief smattering of tunes will be easier for my dear mum
to process, and if it's kept short she'll be able to learn the lyrics sooner,
and improvise a little dance to go with it....
        So, I toss the gauntlet to you, my sinister friends. What five tunes
are the edge of the deep pool of music that is Belle And Sebastian? Not
necessarily the "best" tunes, or your favorite tunes. I just want to find five
songs that will show the scope, the spectrum, the many hued rainbow of delight
we lovingly call B &S.....
            let me know..........

                        my mum thanks you in advance.

              love,