Sinister: He's back, he's back in denim

skg21 at xxx.uk skg21 at xxx.uk
Sun Feb 28 11:50:39 GMT 1999

Who'd have thought it? B&S the subject of a phone poll in the Sun
newspaper? The world is going mad... They're all over the music press this
week as well, including a particularly good write-up for the Jeepster
website in the NME ("If only all band websites were as good as this").
Today the world, tomorrow Camber Sands...

Of course, this leads us Sherlock-Holmes-style to the true reason that
Sinister has been about as active for the last week as a hungover sloth on
a Sunday morning. Pete Waterman was so annoyed that Steps didn't win the
Brit award (which was an integral part of his marketing plan for the next
couple of months), that he decided to make sure the same thing didn't
happen again. So seeing that most of B&S's votes came from the internet, he
decided to sabotage this list in an attempt to dismantle the web-based
fanbase. Luckily for us all, SuperHoney foiled his dastardly plan, and the
MajorDomestos list will live forever!

Mr Waterman was last seen slinking off home mumbling "I'd have got away
with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids".

--On Sun, Feb 28, 1999 0:01 +0000 "Fluffy Sarah"
<sarah at elsato97.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> So! Sinister is back! SINISTER IS! THE ONE AND ONLYYYY! la la lallalalaa
> lalalaaaaa....what is that song? Its a bad song, but I feel t'is apt. Oh
> MY what is it! This will bug me...

That'll be number one single "I Am The One And Only" by the mighty Chesney
Hawkes (1989 or there-abouts), as produced by Nick Kershaw. The ultimate
one-hit-wonder, his next couple of songs flopped so badly that he got
dropped. Apparently he's still writing music in New York, but without much
success. It's really quite sad that I know all that, isn't it?

And Keith wrote:

> I was talking about that picnic thingy we had last April in the last
> message, and I figured why don't we have another one? Why not indeed, and

> in fact, why don't we make it a bit before the Bowliefest. Anyone up for
> that?

How about Easter Monday? If everything goes according to plan (which would
admittedly be unusual in my life at the moment) I'll be camping / hiking in
Scotland that weekend, so I'd have to come back via Glasgow / Edinburgh...

Speaking of the Bowliefest, and the fact that I'm otherwise engaged that
weekend, I must say I could do with a pre-exam break anyway - who's going
over to the Dublin gig the week after? And does anyone fancy providing a
floor or something to sleep on for a night or two?

Big Stu

PS Hefner gospel session on John Peel this Wednesday...