Sinister: Kin returns to his beloved list!

Kin Woo travelling_light at xxx.com
Sun Feb 28 14:45:43 GMT 1999

HeellOOO sinisterines!!!
It's moi! Kin Woo, writer of so many off-the-topic postings just
returned from an exhausting 18 hour-in-total flight from a most magical
and WONDROUS time in gorgeous London!!!:)
And congratulations are definitely in order for the band we all love,
Belle and Sebastian!!! (in one tacky paper, the Sun I think, they showed
a pic of Richard and the caption was "Belle, there with pal Sebastian"
how clueless is that???) I couldn't believe it when I saw them win the
Best Newcomer award at the Brits, and for one surreal and dreamy moment,
I thought the whole gang would be there. But sadly they weren't but it
was wonderful enough. Yay yay YAY!
Am soooo sad I missed the Sinister List social at the Poetry Café.
Listees I would have loved to go but I had just arrived about two days
before and was very jetlagged. Hefner would have been so good to see!!!
Am also a bit disappointed I couldn't catch any gigs when I was in
London cos I either missed 'em (like Bonnie Prince Billy, Sing Sing) and
also there didn't seem to be many good ones on at that time.
Guess what listees? I met Ewan McGregor!!! I went to see his play
"Little Malcolm" (which is highly brilliant, go see it if you can-
that's an order!) I didn't score anything when I went after the
performance but when I went again another time BEFORE the performance I
met him! And got an autograph and photograph to boot!!! How great is
that??? Also spotted Jude Law, Christina Ricci (methinks) and brother
spotted Gruff from Super Furry Animals:) that's just so cool! Wish I was
rich enough to have gone to see the Vagina Monologues which had such an
amazing cast (Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Gillian Anderson, Melanie
Griffiths, Sophie Dahl among so many others) but the tickets were so
expensive. Did any listee go? Was it any good?
I had such a marvellous time shopping in London that I get so depressed
thinking about having to go out shopping here in Perth. I'm not buying
any more clothes here for a long time:) You London listees have the best
shops! Like Urban Outfitters, Carhartt, Offspring and so many others.
Wish I could have gone to Browns Focus but probably couldn't have
afforded anything there anyway. Record shopping was UNBELIEVABLE!!! I've
never bought so many limited edition and rare promos etc in my life. God
I love the Music and Video Exchange!!!:)
Wow a great time I had, I saw snow for the first magical time and err
even had a bomb scare at the Tate Gallery!!! This trip had it all!
Well what's been going on since I left you dearies? What topics
currently grab your minds? What goss have I missed? I need to know!
Speaking of which, has Philippe left-France-to-go-to-America Garnier
contacted the list yet with his new address??? Philippe if you're out
there, please contact me, I STILL haven't received your lovely tapes you
made for me yet:(
seeya luvvies