Sinister: Me and the General

Kara Baer karastar at xxx.com
Sun Feb 28 15:45:42 GMT 1999

Hi Everyone!  I'm so glad the list is back up! I missed you all...  I've been on the list almost a year, although I rarely post.  For the last week, with no outlet, I felt the need to share my story with everyone.  Heartbreak, embaressment, drunkeness..it's all here.
I'm an American studying in Glasgow.  I've been here a couple of weeks, now.  I went to the Evie Sands show. Last Saturday night I went to the Art School to hear Chris DJ.  The music was great! and I was hyped up on tea and beer.  That was when I decided it would be a  great idea to introduce myself to all the members of Belle & Sebastian I could see.  (3 of the 8)  I went up to Dic..N..er Mick, who was very nice--he shook my hand , and I congratulated him on the Brit Award.  I tried to talk to Isobel, but she just sort of looked at me oddly.  I guess not everyone likes to be accosted by fans on the dance floor.  FInally, after a bit of following him around, I managed to talk to Stu M!  I complimented him on his bass solo at the Evie show, and made a bunch of other innane conversation.  It was all good, though.
Afterwards, I got all faint and David--where the heartbreak bit comes in--had to hold me up.  All in all, it was pretty exciting. Sure, I made an ass of myself, but when will I ever get the chance to do so in front of Stuart again?
(I think I saw him at the RL Burnside show on Wednesday--I went with the General, my friend Anne's boyfriend, he carries around an Admiral Ackbar action figure--but I didn't bother him.  "Once is a fan; twice a freak; and 3 times a stalker." I feel no need to join 200 motels.)
Now, I've got my ticket to the Bowlie Weekend, a crush on David--who I haven't seen since--and plans to go to the Looper show!
He wanted me to do the Black Sessions for him--David, that is--so I did, with some yummy japenese pop on the B-side.
What to do?  He's the boy in the Study at Stow T-shirt.

Love Kara
"It's so nice to be a beautiful girl!"--Kahimi Karie