Sinister: Disconsolate, the frantic man summons the spirits of Rzyi and Jymmera and weaves a mighty spell which turns Janet into a fish.

Greg Pallis Gpallis at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 5 13:01:09 GMT 1999

And so, Mandelson had to go.

Here we go now, rockin' borders, chasing the velvet ruby across 27
timezones.

I've started thinking of myself as "The Boy G". This is Erica's fault.

Spent the weekend at my dad's, and did Further Maths coursework for eleven
solid hours. In the most disgusting room you can imagine, every surface
coated in cigarette ash (and I don't even smoke), food cartons covering the
floor. Some degree of yukkiness.

Then there was a tube strike this morning. I was going to take a bus into
school, but then in the morning I discovered what 36 hours in a smoke-filled
room with no fresh air does to one - a great red abomination on my forehead.
And, horror of horrors, on my left side too. No, there was no alternative
but to stay home, and claim the busses were too crowded to get on. I'd be a
good rude boy. Maybe. (weird and contextless memory from last Friday:
spitting out the whole rap to Skee Lo's "I Wish" in synchrony with Bomber
Jacket Kru member Pierre.). Also, my english teacher wants me to write for a
fanzine called "Shoreditch Twat", which is apparently a bitter hate-zine
against trendy Hoxton types. No, really. She's set Naomi Klein's "No Logo" -
the top anti-brand tract widely linked with the Seattle riots and written in
1998 - as our coursework book, too. The rest of the English teaching
department are furious about this, but they know where to stick their John
Dunne sonnets, as this is the single best thing ever, I'm thinking.

Did manage to grab the Number 31 to Cambden this morning though, and saw
inarguably the single most out of order thing ever: in a crowded bus, a
young man of about thirty is in a small space near a door. Another man,
fiftyish with a grey beard, requests that he "move up a bit" so that he can
get through. The young man, thinking he wishes to get off the bus, squeezes
up against the other passengers. The oldster simply walks into his space,
and stays there for the next three stops. Astonishing.

"Clusterfucking" is a great word, isn't it? So expressive, yet so
meaningless.

Yup.

I found my old Sonic the Hedgehog guidebook for Sonic 3, a game I have never
completed. The was one tiny bit in Carnival zone, where there was this bit
where you had to jump up a down on a platform to make it go up and down and
I simply couldn't do it. I must have spent the ten minutes in took to run
out of time something like fifteen times on that bit alone. The guide book
was quite magnificently unhelpful, although it did inform me that by
carnival zone you should have Super Sonic, whereas I never had more than
three chaos emeralds. Oh, wait, you don't care? You wish I'd go away? Oh,
right. Well, in that case...

Enough about me, lets talk about collectible card game, as were popular
circa 1997.

Anyone still play Netrunner? I always thought it was a very flawed game -
the Corp was clearly stronger unless the runner had a Mouse, in which case
the runner could really only be defeated by a good Tag 'Em and Bag 'Em deck.

Another thought, the Magic: The Gathering Computer game. It was great. But,
here is something you may also know, there were two sequels. The last and
best was called 'Duels of the Planeswalkers', and at least one person on
this list MUST have it, I'm sure. I cannot find it anywhere. I will trade so
much, so very very much for a cd copy/original cd of this game. It will be
worth your while, if merely helping a fellow sini out is insufficient.

The main way I differ from the twee faithful is that I really don't like
busses at all. I also suspect I may be getting carpal tunnels.

PJ Miller & Duncan said: "Hefner for Agriculture and Fisheries Ministery -
it's cool for cats!" but this is madness. Hefner, you will remember, Love
The Cities. How about the ministery of the Interior? Roxanne Shante, Mister
so-called PJ, is the obvious choice for Agriculture and Fisheries. So there.

What's that brittle cracking sound?
Greg.

 +-+             "Nee, nee mun pish, chan pai dee kwa"              +-+