Sinister: Tigermilk Instrumental or Felt cover?

duke of harringay editor at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 1 12:38:33 GMT 1999

Mick McMick wrote:

> Well...
>         I wonder if that is the longest title to a post ever. Well, I have
> obtained a copy of the Tigermilk instrumental from a friend who wishes
> to be nameless. There are two versions I have of the so-called Tigermilk
> instrumental. One is just the song itself, which sounds remarkably like
> Felt playing a Felt song, so I am forced to wonder if it is a cover, or
> if it is even the band themselves at all. But the other version makes me
> think it is the band. Stuart David reads four Ink Polaroids overtop of a
> *very* quiet Tigermilk instrumental.

sounds like someone trying to be funny with you, or just not being very
smart, i dunno... the track 'Tigermilk' hasn't surfaced anywhere as a
bonafide recording as far as i know, although there's live recordings
kicking around i'm sure. i'm sure the song you are actually referring to
is not a Felt cover, it just IS Felt. It's a song called 'A Preacher In
New England' and it was the flip side of the 'Penelope Tree' single.
That's the song that Stuart reads the Ink Polaroids over anyway... so if
the unadorned song is the same as that, then it is Felt and not B&S.
Sorry to dissappoint, but hell, isn't it a beautiful song? The duchess
and i were discussing Felt and The Go-Betweens last night strangely
enough, in the pub, as we drank too much Rioja and scoffed Tapas in
honour of Meester Miller. Later we danced to St Etienne. Which was nice.

keep the faith,
the duke

'what's the name they call ones like us?'
Tangents On-Line http://www.tangents.co.uk
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
editor at tangents.co.uk