Sinister: In defense/Buckner

Evan Gregg evanbear at xxx.com
Sat Jan 2 17:30:21 GMT 1999

<<<on the subject of rhinestoned troubadours though,
can i just say two words: Richard Buckner. go on, you'll love him.
although he doesn't wear rhinestones to the best of my knowledge, he
does write the most magical songs you'll hear this side of a B&S or
Stephin Merritt record.>>>>

i second that
Richard Buckner is very cool
besides three amazing (i assume since is amazing since i havent gotten
around to picking it up yet) hes just a really nice guy who is a lot of
fun to talk to
i chatted with him after his show in Northampton USA at a nice lil club
where you can slip into the dressing room and greet people like dick
dale and bo diddly and the spinanes and of course richard buckner
we had a mutual acquaintance, she had only met him once and had given
him a book and he remembered and so i got to chill in the dressing room
like a big shot
i got to play with Bob Mould's dog too, his dog is scaaaaaaary, anyway
so i definitely reccomend him, some people might not like him on here,
the fluffier bouncier happier people
prolly if you think tindersticks are too intense you wont like him too
much
his voice is gorgeous in the dark scary depressing tindersticks/mark
eitzel style, though its not as low as the tindersticks guy so if just
the pitch annoys you you might like buckner
oh, on his second album, Devotion And Doubt (i love that title), his
backing band consist in part of Joey Burns and John Convertino of
Calexico and Giant Sand who people are prolly tired of me talking about
ummm....ok yeah check him out, good luck finding his first record, i
bought it right before it went out of print and some poopoohead at
school stole it from the computer lab, but didnt take the box so i have
the box and liner note sbut no cd grrrr i loved that record
supposedly its going to be reissued at some point but Rick had a history
of being dicked by record labels so who knows
thats all i think
----Ev
np-True Love Always-Hopefully

I was happy when I put my new record on
But I was sad as I listened to it all alone
---"Feeling Fine" by Class

my home page:
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/dixiecluck