Sinister: is there a place for wistfulness?

Declan and Noren Hynes hynesdj at xxx.ie
Sat Jan 2 23:44:45 GMT 1999

greetings,
   alix sounds like new years was a right laugh, i had much the same
experience a few days before it, losing oneself for periods of time is very
scary. i don't reccomend it. what if you never find yourself again?
   ohhhh, i'm glad someone brought up "the delegados". I only discovered
them in the last few months, i don't have the *new* album, i have the
penultimate one, but i wouldn't class it as folky at all, perhaps they
changed dramatically in the inter-album-limbo. but i saw the belle and
sebastian similarities immediatly, like stuart and co. with a bit of rocket
fuel and more cultural references. i have heard one track off the new album
though, one with the lines "living ideals, not living for real" (i'm
terrible with names, bear with me) i loved it, as weejay says, it's dark
tinkly folk music with boy/girl vocals.
did someone mention melys? i know they're welsh (as i am obsessed slightly
with said country)
and that they're very gooooood, any major fans here?

another word i'd add onto weejays list of misunderstood words is: love

 my friend and i just discovered the treehouse site, wow. i think i'll buy
me one of those books. that whole project seems to be totally on my
wavelength, the incinuation (?!) of cuddly toy porn, and the spy photo's
were classic, i love it!
 has anyone gotten 1999 diaries yet? does it have January 1st 2000 on them?
is that in any way scary? all the zero's, like a not-quite-new beginning.
damnit, i didn't mean to jump on the premillenium band wagon, but they're
you go, i'm one big stereotype, i'll be the first to admit it.
  i'm going to get a mate to tape the paris gig from bbc radio, i only seem
to be able to get that station in the morning and early afternoon, but my
friend 3 miles down the road in dun laoighre can get it no hassle, am i
therefore diseased or something? anyway, i'm looking forward to it, i have
no live recordings of them, and i've never seen them live.
  one question before i go, has anyone heard of "teen anthems"?
i'm sorry this wasn't an enlightening post, but i'm not in a squeezy mood
you know.
your humbly
finn