Sinister: "Top of the Mops"

Ajbergs at xxx.com Ajbergs at xxx.com
Sun Jan 3 13:50:06 GMT 1999

This tidbit comes to you courtesy of this month's issue of Select magazine:

The Scottish version of News of the World struck a blow for investigative
journalism when they pursued 'trendy celebs' Belle & Sebastian to their secret
lair. It turns out that mainman Stuart Murdoch and drummer Richard Colburn
lead Hong Kong Phooey-like double lives as lowly janitors in Hyndland Parish
Church in Glasgow.

"The guys help set up the chairs and tables and make sure the place is all
neat and tidy," said an 'unnamed band spokesman' of the duo's duties, which
include opening the hall for coffee mornings for the elderly and mother-and-
baby groups. "They love it!" he added. The good old NOTW even added some
amusing parodies of songs the reclusive Scots could cover: "What about '(Broom
Broom) Shake the Room' and 'Detergent Pepper?'"

Speaking of tidying, I am off to hoover my flat now.

au reservoir,
Swannie