Sinister: winter polaroid

yellow submarine dove_volare at xxx.com
Mon Jan 4 22:00:53 GMT 1999

i don't know how the weather is where you lot live but i've been burried
in snow for the last two days.   i thought i'd share the delightment (is
that a word?) of winter to those snow deprived listees out there by
showing you an ink polariod of my new years eve.

i arrive at the house party, the sky is frosty black and twinkling.  i
crack open a cider and reach for my first ciggy for the eve. but no, my
hand is swatted away, for there is no smoking in this little house.
my jaw hangs down...but we're drinking, how can we not smoke? go outside
i'm told, and am shown to the door.  i didn't think my mitts would be
needed so they sat warmly in my closet at home.  stuggling to hold my
cider and retreave my lighter i carefully climb through the thigh high
snow bankes to the side of the house, since the wind is a little less
nippy over there.  so i stand....engulfed in snow, hair whipping round
my face, and attempt to flick the bloody lighter with my already purple
thumb.  finally a flamb, and my first toasty inhalation. within two
minutes though all feeling has left my hands.  my cigarette will either
break under pressure from my frozen hands, or drop to the ground from
lack of grip.  i switch hands.  even worse.  the cigarette is whipped
away in the wind and i stand there pathetically in a snow bank, behind a
house.

that was it for my smoking.  i'm quitting til april.  possibly.

 cheers to anyone who actually read that, and sympathies to anyone who
can relate.

anyother exciting news to i can think of?

i stabbed myself and bled absolutely everywhere including my freshly
washed white carpet.

the carbon monoxide detector keeps going off in my house but my mum
thinks the basement looks too messy to have anyone over, so she said
she'll wait for one of the cats to die so she knows its serious and then
she'll call someone.

right.

so if i'm alive...till next time

cheers
xo

please don't spoil my day i'm miles away and after all i'm only sleeping
- j. lennon