Sinister: My thermostat's called "Honeywell"

TFertig3 at xxx.com TFertig3 at xxx.com
Mon Jan 4 23:03:36 GMT 1999

Dear to all,

I have not written in a while because nobody voted me as a list crush.
Actually, I was just too lazy, or busy.  On New Year's I went to my friend's
party and danced to bad European dance p!o!p! from the early 90's.  Like the
Scatman and Max, Don't Have Sex With My Ex or something like that.  New Year's
stinks.

Talking about songs that sound like Felt!  Loneliness of a Middle Distance
Runner, that song IS Felt.  There should be such things as copyrights of
bands' sounds!  It's still a rather pleasant sounding song.  Stuey's high
notes make it all worthwhile.

Ah, as you can see I am no longer deprived of the wonderful world of...
Unreleased songs!  Thanks to a certain person, who I owe all my smiles and
sighs to.

Now that that's been said, I should like to go on and make my usual round of
commentary on newly discovered Belle and Sebastian songs.

First off... I don't like Rhoda!!  [brushes off tomato slop from my sweater]
It's just not good, and I can't understand why everyone who's heard it thinks
it's the most perfect, fantastic song around.  Tell me, please!  It's nice,
that's the most I can say for it.

On the other hand, those three wonderful, wonderful songs.  Pocketbook Angel,
Hurley's Having Dreams,and London Has Let Me Down Again..  Oooooh they are
simply extraordinary and keyboard-ilicious.  No songs have ever made me smile
so widely and laugh because there's nothing left to do.  Especially the part
that goes.. "Hurley dreamed of the time when he was a horse in
Czechoslavakia..".  My dad's Czech, but he doesn't like Belle and Sebastian.
So, my question is, for all you lucky bunnies who've heard these fantastic
songs, why are they rated so low on the voting chart?  Oh there I go, my
obsession with the voting chart has leaked out once again!  I think I can
safely say that I am the only one in the world who has memorized my password
to vote..  But really though, why aren't they number 1??

For all you who were disconcerted with the new version of Modern Rock Song
(me, among them), there is one ditty that's better on the new version.  See if
you can guess which!  Nah, actually I'll just tell it.. it's when Stuart sings
the words "birthday girl".. have you ever heard anything so heavenly?  Sure,
so he doesn't go "stray-i-e-i-ange" anymore, and Stevie sings like poo, but
you can always listen to those two words over and over and over again, and
feel comforted that these sacred sounds are OURS to keep.
I subscribed to the Sha na na list about a month ago because I needed a little
more smut in my life.  I got scared and unsubbed the next day.

What's happened to the Monday Poetry Parrot??  Who's next?  Here's my poem:
"Rhoda stinks.
I don't know why everyone thinks
that it is a good song;
It lasts too long.
It was my wish,
that it would not sound like pish."

Thank you [takes a bow], I devised that one in less than a minute..  more to
come if nobody continues with the Poetry Parrot tradition!  So start looking
for those poems!!

Tami xxxx

In my CD player:  "Honey's Dead" by JAMC
(Actually it's not.  It was just a sorry attempt at humor..)