Sinister: she threw him on the ground with judo

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Tue Jan 5 05:17:02 GMT 1999

bonjour,

firstly,

>>the carbon monoxide detector keeps going off in my house but my mum
thinks the basement looks too messy to have anyone over, so she said
she'll wait for one of the cats to die so she knows its serious and then
she'll call someone.<<

oh.my.god. is my mother, like, doing some sort of shared parenting thing?
because we desperately need to get our ducts cleaned (i'm sure it's the
reason for my super environmental sensitivity, plus the reason i'm all
sniffly at home and get miraculously better when i go stay someplace else,
even a place with cats or animals with fur that you'd think would stuff me
up, but they don't) and she refuses to call someone in because my room is
"too embarassing", apparently, like i'm some sort of crazy art experiment
that malfunctioned. i'm not sure how sick i'll have to be before something
is done, but i'm dealing with a vicks humidifier and a heater and nothing
has been done yet. i like to think that my room is tastefully decorated.
this seems like an appropriate time to insert an ink polaroid of myself in
my room:

the reason i'm hanging over the end of my bed, the headboard sticking into
my ribs, is because my pile of magazines has fallen off the edge and slipped
underneath some clothes...wallpaper* and jane and minx and my "standards of
excellence" flute theory book are all wedged somehow underneath my bed, and
my arm is flailing back in an odd way because i'm simultaneously trying to
keep myself from plunging headfirst into a pair of japanese-ish thong
sandals and a vicious looking milk crate that holds my notebooks. that's a
vogue flying through the air, if i'm not mistaken, and i'm feeling a little
embarassed because even though pants that sit low on the hips are good for
showing a little belly, they're not so good for leaning-over-the-bed
photos...my underwear is peeking out over the waistband.

so my room seems like a fairly typical "tortured genius" sort of room, i
think, rather than simply cluttered. it's not messy, though. i keep things
totally clean. i just have a lot of stuff, especially magazines (they're my
real obsession, i'll read any magazine i can get my hands on and once i even
snuck one from the health club i used to work at), and it's hard to organize
everything when magazines are towering everywhere.

all this talk of pocketbook angel, keeps making me think of gram parsons,
which i'm fully aware is grievous angel, but i still associate any sorts of
songs about angels with sweet, sad gram. poor guy, that one big album mocked
inconsiderately by the alternakids in the record stores, not realising that
gram is ten times the man stinky marilyn manson is, and not even half as
controversial (at least, not immediately to parents. if they have any
questions about drugs, though, you may have to lie a little) but way way
sweeter and able to touch that chord that b+s do. and the talk about rhoda
makes me think of mary tyler moore, probably everyone else does too but it's
neat how ideas pop into my head with just the one word, and try as i might
they keep appearing and i get sidetracked.

and can you believe how much of a fuss is being made over a little snow? i'm
in toronto, and even seasoned canadians are taken aback by this amount of
snow. and in the states? in buffalo, there was a travel ban today.
puh-lease, *travel ban*? how wimpy is that, saying that you can't go out
because of some snow. just put on those scary backwoods kamik boots and suck
it up. i'm going to make some snow angels tomorrow (gram parsons again), it
does require planning because i'd like to get inside right after and dry out
my pants.

what's the deal with john peel putting mogwai's "xmas steps" on the festive
50? out of all the songs, why would he pick that one? it's much less
structured than their others, i think, and that's not in a good way. it sort
of meanders a little too much. on the other hand, "small children in the
background" is superduper, any song off that epee other than the one he
chose. b+s, awright! but perhaps they should be docked points for not using
names like cpt. meat in their album booklets like mogwai do. just imagine,
stuart "cpt. meat" murdoch? and isobel "t+a" campbell? stuart "this is pish"
david? stevie "action" jackson? chris "mama's boy" geddes?

mmm, neo citran.do not mix with nyquill.

loving smooches,
jessicaxo