Sinister: Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Jan 5 10:49:36 GMT 1999

Well, you all seem to have had very exciting festive seasons. I'm
particularly impressed with Fluffy's impersonation of Damien Omen III
in Preston. You see, I was right about the Heavenly Creatures
connection, even if it did result in me smelling of wee.

Tag, even though you're perfect, I have a New Year's Resolution that
could make you (an everyone else) that little bit more perfect. It's
quite simple. You just renounce the pleasures of saying "yes" and
"no". Instead, you say "indeed" and "on the contrary". I got this
fantastic idea from "Sense and Sensibilty" starring list favourite
Kate Winslett. Top-ho! I see that Mick McMick has already started:

    > Sorry to dissappoint, but hell, isn't it a beautiful song?

    Indeed, it is.

See what jolly fun it is?

The Delgados are folk as fuck, no one in the history of the world has
ever experienced the Beatles secondhand, they play it to you in the
womb, I am very excited about the existence of Denim demos....erm, I
can't think of anything else. There's been plenty lately, but I've
forgotten. I think Mrs Murdoch was Mr Murdoch pretending to be his
wife for a laugh. Instead of fantastic Cuban music I've got a bloody
stupid credit note. I am re-reading "In the Fascist Bathroom" by Greil
Marcus and it's got bigger words than "Young and Foolish". One of the
biggest words , which had me scurrying for the dictionary, is
"solipsism", which I shall use with relish from now on. Duke, your
solips is falling out! The last time I read this book I ended up
borrowing a Bruce Springsteen album. It's got some funny bits (the
book) such as (and I paraphrase) "The highlight of this record is the
sound of a phone ringing, and it isn't even on the record". Well, I
laughed anyway.

What a shit message. The list's nails without Keith, even though it's
been quite good lately. My challenge for the day is to listen to the
Lee Perry box set without a break. And to do some work. Do you know
where Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee had a fight? I do.

Sister Disco Sucks

PS: Hello Paul. What did naughty Leonard say?