Sinister: I spelt out B-L-O-W-space-M-E

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Tue Jan 5 12:15:52 GMT 1999

Oh the dilemma, come in to work on Monday after a couple of weeks
away and there's these two little voices in my head.

One sounds earnest and is dressed up as an angel called Clarence.
Clarence is saying "Work, work, got to work."

The other voice sounds more fun, is dressed up as Jessica in a
red silk devil costume with a bottle of whisky in her hand, and
is murmuring "Read the sinister digests, you know you want to."

Alas, Monday was spent in your company dear sinisterees, am I weak?

And now it's Tuesday and the Jessica-Devil voice has not yet finished
with me.  Listen, the voice is whispering "Forget work, post to
Sinister, post to Sinister" and the voice has tinny echoing quality,
as if coming from the bottom of the kitchen sink.

How can I resist?

So what are the wider issues of the day?

Pocketbook Angel?  That's my favourite.

The Pastels?  He can't sing for toffee, or am I missing something?

Regaling all with seasonal tales of drunken revelry?  Can't compete
there I'm afraid, too busy touring the country seeing friends and
relatives.  I did discover that New Mills in Derbyshire (a small
town on the side of a mountain with about three shops and the worst
pub in the world) has an internet cafe.  OK, so it was closed, but
it was a pretty unlikely discovery all the same.

Trousers' Papercuts sinisterzine?  Get it while you can.

The demise of the tape tree?  Sorry folks, I've been slacking, I'll
do my best to sort it out soon.

FluffySarah the bringer of bad luck?  You didn't turn up at half-time
to cheer on Preston against Arsenal yesterday did you Sarah?

What's that Clarence?  Yes Clarence, I know.  Sorry folks, Clarence
insists that I have to go and do some work now.

Kevan
The Fat Slug