Sinister: You can always get it on the buses

Anne Ward A.Ward at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 5 14:17:53 GMT 1999

Hello Peeps

Happy new year! I've been brought out of hiding to report what kerazy japes
some of those Sinisterines were up to over the festive season. God knows
they were all too razzed to remember anything themselves, especially that
Chris Leonard. I'm not entirely sure what he said to poor Honey Paul, but
it broke my phone and jammed the telephonic network after the bells. It
sounded largely obscene so it's no wonder they've both been so quiet of
late. I imagine Honey is too distressed to speak and young Christopher is
probably still drunk. Still, it was a very entertaining evening. Tag and
Chris made everyone stop partying and listen to David Bowie making that
"funny noise". They looked like they were going to do some kind of
formation dancing, like that dance you do to Tiger Feet, then collapsed
into hysterics. It *was* a very funny noise though.

Keith proclaimed that 1999 was going to be the year. The year for what I
don't know as he didn't expand on that. Hopefully for coming back and
telling more Who stories. As the party went on it transpired that everyone
is a huge ELO fan, which was a bit frightening. The only B&S content was
when a B&S cover star stoated in the door and shouted "Get that shit off"
on hearing Simple Things.

Tag and Pumpkinny-Wumpkinny sloped off early to respectively, streak in
front of, and be rude to, unsuspecting B&S members. If their new record
takes a radical new direction you'll know what's happened. It's the shock.
The next day we sat and watched Carry On At Your Convenience and On the
Buses - the movie, which is Peter Miller's fave prog of all time,
apparently. Watching it was just like having him there in the room. I know
for a fact he loves to put laxatives in lady bus drivers' tea so they are
hilariously "caught short" in country lanes and have to go and shit in the
woods causing the vicar on the top deck to have a heart attack. Good work
Mr Miller!

Yesterday I went to see the Acid House. God, it was depressing.
Particularly that middle story. It was one of those films that made me very
upset about my life, despite the fact that everyone in the film was having
a much worse time than I could ever have. There's a Pastels song in it
though, one of their better ones, for anyone that hasn't heard them. It
sounds like it's at the wrong speed, but they all sound like that.

That's all the news anyway. It's really crap being back at work and I need
some good stories to cheer me up. Did Mrs Murdoch have a good new year? I
do hope so, as she sounds like a super lady. Is the person who made the
Praise You video really on this list or is that another wind-up? It's dead
good anyway, if you are, especially the bit where Spike Jonze says he's
going to do his b-boy moves and does the dying fly. Is there break dancing
in the B&S video?

Love
Anne
xxx