Sinister: belle and sebastian say Felt

duke of harringay editor at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 7 19:36:41 GMT 1999

> Whats the best felt album to get..

the best felt record is all of them. the same formula is applicaple to
Dexys, as our own Keith Watson pointed out so eloquently. But if you can
find it, get 'Crumbling The Antiseptic Beauty' first, if only for the
fact that it was their first, and work your way up from there. There's
another nine to go after that, not counting compilations, although there
is not a new retrospective planned for this year, despite the dreams of
the list Seer. Saddly. There is a Vic Godard retrospective planned,
however, for imminent release, which kind of makes up for it.

speaking of retros, i've been playing 'Hindsight' by The Church the last
few days and it sounds a lot better than i ever remember... i think
perhaps i was put off because they looked like The Cult or The Cure or
some other sub-goth band beginning with C. And as everyone knows, i was
never ever a Goth. No siree. But some of the Church now sounds not
unlike Felt, only a bit more obviously psyched out. The youngsters on
the list, if still reading, will be yawning and bringing in my slippers
at this point. How very thoughtful of them.

=========