Sinister: What do you call a pig with wings?

Anne Ward A.Ward at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 8 10:56:26 GMT 1999

Pizza Boy wrote:

>Why, isn't that Paul 'n' Linda's finest moment, The Frog Chorus? Which
>reminds me, has anyone seen the ads for Linda's last album, on which she
>rants at f***ing (sic) journalists for knowing "f***ing nothing" and being
>"f***ing no-one"? A bit rich coming from one of the least worthwhile people
>on the planet, don't you reckon?

No I don't reckon. Linda may have been fairly duff at playing the
tambourine but that doesn't make her public enemy number one. I'm not
trying to get all right on here but what about the animal rights stuff she
did? Is that not fairly worthwhile? If you're not happy with that try her
sausages, which are very tasty, or have a look at her photos, some of which
are very nice. I can also recommend any of her cookbooks. What with her and
Jane Asher Paul must have had dinner sewn up. Anyway, I *like* Wings.
They've got some good tunes. Some fairly pish ones too it has to be said,
but it's crap how Macca always gets a slagging while everyone idolises John
Lennon. They both wrote some very good songs and some very bad ones. I
think Imagine can give Candle in the Wind a good run for its money in the
naff olympics but you're not allowed to say that because he's dead. I know
this has got nothing to do with anything but that remark got right up my
bugle, as Frank Butcher would say.

OK, rant over. While I'm on the subject of bad reputations - did someone
call Keith winsome? He's not winsome. He RULES. Everybody knows that. And
Chris, there's no need to apologise. I had a smashing Hogmanay. Thank you
for being so entertaining. You're all welcome back next year, but Honey,
maybe you should leave your phone off the hook. I had a look at your
website too, by the way. You look smashing and I bet your songs are
fabulous. Are there any as good as Jet?

Can anybody explain Bobby Conn to me please? I saw him on TV the other
night and I swear I thought I'd seen everything until I clapped eyes on
him. What's all that about then? Does he always look like that? The Hush
Puppy and I were silent for a full two minutes after witnessing his
'performance'. I thought I was au fait with lo-fi but that takes the cake.
Enlighten me someone please.

Happy trails.

Anne
xxx