Sinister: A Day in the Life of...me

Mick McMick <> Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Sat Jan 9 20:39:54 GMT 1999

Hello Sinisterines,
	Well, let me start by saying that I continue to be terribly pleased
with the list, and that this is one of those slice of life-type posts,
so before I take up my pizza cutter, you may want to stop here if you're
not into that.
	Today, as you probably know, is a Saturday, and a particularly lovely
Saturday at that. Saturdays are the subject of nearly as many songs as
have been written about Sunday, and rightly so, because they're great.
This particular saturday, as those of you living in this particular
region of the United States will know, is one coated in powdery snow.
The snow isn't everywhere, nor is it pouring from the heavens. It simply
tops all the buildings and cars like so much frosty icing, and coats the
parts of the ground which haven't been cleared, including my walkway.
The sky is cloudy, and it's not too cold out. It's one of those days
that makes me prefer winter over summer. People probably normally think
I'm a bit mad, but you can take your humid sweaty days and shorts if
you'd like, you can never cool off, and warming up here is just a matter
of properly bundling up.
	So today I had set several errands for myself to do, most of which
involved record label things like sending off a package to Twee Kitten
mailorder and a few other places. So today I put together some CDs and
parcels, and then went uptown for a bit of lunch. I returned, allowed
myself some video game-playing time, and then set off for the post
office.
	There's one within walking distance of me, but it's a fair piece away,
and I'm not particularly keen on going all that way overburdened with
packages. Plus, I just got my car back, so it's a good excuse to drive.
I decided to take a demo I had gotten a couple months ago with me to
listen to in the car, because it reminds me of winter so much, and
that's how I wanted to feel today.
	The tape is one of those that takes a good 7 or 8 listens to really
appreciate it, much like just about every B&S or Field Mice release I
own. It's quite lovely, but I don't want to abuse the forum with
rantings about it, suffice it to say it will be out on my label someday,
if things work out like I hope.
	I was driving and listening, which is one of my favorite things to do
(the combination of the two, though each is nice alone, together they
are wonderful). I saw a couple of people shovelling snow, and playfully
throwing it on one another and laughing. And, seeing as how I was
concentrating on the music I was listening to, not where I was going,
and seeing as how I am rather scatterbrained, I was halfway to the
grocery store before I realized I was heading in the wrong direction.
	I recall that I was listening to my favorite song on the tape. I love
to listen to the backing vocals, which make one reflect on the beauty of
the voice of the girl who is singing backups, until they get to the part
where you can tell that are actually some miraculous sort of keyboard.
Lovely. Anyway, I was so pleased with the tape, I really didn't mind,
and I turned around and started heading to the post office. When I got
there it was closed. Again, I really didn't mind. I returned back here,
and that's where my story ends.

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Mick McMick/Sandcastle Records <<->> bp224996 at ohiou.edu
 \         /  Sandcastle Records Homepage:                ICQ#5056758