Sinister: How come we never get any snow round here?

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Sun Jan 10 21:16:15 GMT 1999

Well I've been back a few days now, and this is about the first time I've
been sober enough / not too hungover to write anything. Pity I've nothing
desperately interesting to say, but why change the habit of a lifetime?

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Mark Casarotto wrote:

> I'm going to try and buy a house this year. This spring, if I sort myself
> out quickly enough. If any listee estate agents have any advice, feel
> free to let me know...if I do manage to get a place, then I'd have a job,
> a house, a girlfriend (if she'll still have me), and pretty much
> everything I could want. Am I right to find this a bit nerve-wracking?

Well I leave this place in the summer for good and enter the real world.
And at the moment I don't have a job, a house, a girlfriend, or pretty
much anything I could want. Am I right to find this a bit nerve-wracking?

> Actually, when I'd been subbed only about 2 weeks, someone said how
> great Hefner are, and they then went ad released the second best album of
> last year. Stars. Which is why anyone within 200 miles of the Poetry caff
> should go and see them (is it this Friday?) at the next social. And
> that's an order.

Well it's only Darren Hayman (sp?) from the band doing a solo gig, but
it'll still be fantastic. And it's on Friday 22nd. Their new EP is meant
to be coming out in the next month, which I'm also looking forward to.

Oh, and speaking of new material, can any of our spies in Glasgow tell us
anything about the new B&S material yet?

I missed you...

Big Stu

PS Hope you all had a better Christmas and New Year than I did, mine was a
nightmare :-(

Today's limerick of the day:
"There was a young lady from Slough
 Who developed a terrible cough.
 How was she to know
 It would last until now?
 We'd better just hope she pulls through!"