Sinister: first greetings

Lauren Caulfield tuckfield45 at xxx.com
Sun Jan 10 23:34:16 GMT 1999

hello there,
i just read an email from jonelle in the states which inspired me with
the confidence to send my first post, having quietly observed the nature
of proceedings for several days and being somewhat new to the whole
mailing list type thing. so this is just to say a friendly hello and to
growl about the overbearing assistant in a record store i visited in
liverpool today. to be more specific, the aforementioned individual who,
in an aggressive and belittling tone, loud enough to include everyone in
the store, attempted to convince me that B&S have released nothing since
arab strap. and indeed implied that this is just a modern rock song is
not in existence, and furthermore that i was foolish to engage in debate
regarding his superior musical knowledge. grrr. um, sorry, i didn't
intend to fill this with whingeing but i thought maybe you'd
sympathise/feel i was justified/reaffirm my faith in people etc. here's
hoping,
                                   lauren.