Sinister: Protein Pills

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Mon Jan 11 11:02:30 GMT 1999

Big Stu asked if anyone knew anything about new records.  Well I know
something, me and miss julia were speaking to mick before the
Amphetameanies gig on the 19th December - Mick said Belle and Sebastian
had been in the studio all week and they had recorded some songs.  One
is written by Stuart but Isobel sings it and one is a duet between
Stuart and Isobel.   Exciting, eh Ted?

jessica was curious:
>could someone share which song this is and which album it is from? i have
>the hangman's beautiful daughter" (which i have been inspired to put on,
>which will be followed immediately by the creation and then robert wyatt),
>and i don't recall any mention of ducks on a pond. there are, um, fish, and
>buffaloes, and mice and lions, but no ducks.

I will share.  Ducks on a Pond is on "Wee Tam".  It's the epic album
closer with the best kazoo solo in it ever (apart from when anyone plays
the Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back on kazoo.  That
instantly becomes the best kazoo solo ever).  "Wee Tam and the Big Huge"
was a double album released in 1967 which came with a free illustrated
poem by Robin Williamson called "The Head".  For some reason "Wee Tam"
and "The Big Huge" have been re-released on seperate CD's.

Christ, I love the String Band.  And Bowie.
Hello to all you new kids!

Robert Morris said:
>Thanks for the Spam Jeffrey.

That sounds dead funny.   I've got a spam jeffrey too.

I had an ail sandwhich last night.  I didn't know it was garlic, I
thought it was ail.  Now this morning I am very smelly indeed.  If you
couldn't see me you may possibly mistake me for a spam jeffrey, because
everyone knows that spam jeffrey's smell of garlic, don't they?  I'm
rather paranoid about just how smelly I am to tell the truth.  I can
feel garlic burning in the back of my throat like a putrid cauldron of
dog.  I may have to drink some bleach to sort this out - keep clear
kids, I reek.

Christophe