Sinister: missionary zeal and underwear competitions

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 11 11:43:16 GMT 1999

buongiorno!

i must first say that york university campus is looking
uncharacteristically beautiful today, owing to the bright sunshine and
frost and ice on the lake, on which the resident ducks are happily
skidding around. this computer room is still relatively soulless though,
or at least it was until i unleashed the power of sinister from my mailbox
a few minutes ago, so thanks everyone.

this happened last night: i am sitting idly in my living room waiting for
a friend to come round and borrow a book ('the praise of folly' by erasmus
- i wouldn't recommend it really) and half listening to my housemates and
a friend of theirs discussing drum and bass music. suddenly the friend
breaks off to say 'i love that belle and sebastian album, i must buy it.
do you know them?' in a strange, straight out of the movies movement, the
heads of all three of my housemates simultaneously swivel towards me, and
they even POINT. 'her. SHE's the one' they say, or something similar, and
i realise that i have acquired a reputation. i am KNOWN for this b&s
obsession. it defines me. woh. anyway, after i get over the shock of the
transition from d&b to b&s i boringly tell her everything they've done and
offer to make her a compilation tape of pre-TBWTAS stuff, and she is
grateful and i am happy at the prospect of another convert. the beat goes
on...

but apart from that my weekend was poo. i should have followed jessica's
example and stayed in on saturday night instead of allowing myself to be
subjected to lots of loudness in a crap bar and not being able to talk to
my friends. i'm also suffering from glitter envy as everyone but me seems
to have sparkly faces/hair/bodies at the moment. maybe buying myself some
new underwear would revive me... and we could all start an 'ink polaroid
of our underwear' competition, with points to be awarded for material,
brand, fit, accessories (tassels perhaps?), whether it matches (girls
only) and powers of poetic description.

i'll stop now.

love to all, archel xxx

Rachel Playforth