Sinister: You never quite learned the song.

weejay V0168JE2 at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 11 20:06:24 GMT 1999

	Hey sinisterines, you all seem to have gone quiet of late...
I hope there's not some evil robot from the future tracking down and
systematically killing us all from honey's membership list. Anyway,
I'm here to tell you all about the thing that was on TV over here last
night called 'Shooting The Past' - and I know this probably isn't the
place to go on about some TV programme, but it was the best
thing on since the singing detective, and that was 15 years ago. I
could be exaggerating but I don't think so... Anyway, superficially it
was about the closure of a photo library (B&S points there) but
underneath, well... Let's just say that when it finished I swore to
anyone listening (i.e. nobody but that's not the point) that I would
rather die tomorrow than waste my life in the pursuit of money. And
I sat down and wrote more than I've done in the last month. I really
reccomend it. Except half of you can't see it. Humph. In the less
real world my new guestbook fucked up big time and had to be
reset, so if you wrote anything, *sorry* and please go back again.
Plus today I finished putting up the first issue of my tawdry zine so
if you want to see that... you'd better be a bit of a Pulp enthusiast.
	Some people were talking about the incredible string
band... excellent stuff. Especially that song about the magic
hedgehog that goes "you learnt all the words / and you followed the
tune / but you never quite learned the song she sung" which is just
beautiful. I think that's on the 'Thousand spirits or the layers of the
onion' album with the one about the happy cloud. I like the stuff up
until they gave up drugs and joined the scientologists. Apparently
one of them is now the mayoress of aberystwyth. Ah, you're better
asking my dad about them.
	Hello to all the newcomers too - especially one who hasn't
announced her presence... Feel free to in your own time....
	I have a stupid urge to listen to 'Fantastique No.5' by
Plastic Fantastic, but I left it at HOME home which is more than
just annoying. Ah well, I think I'll retire to my flat and eat a tin of
strawberries. Have fun y'all.
				james.

James at twopounds.u-net.com
Go on, what are you frightened of?
(and remember - stick it in sideways)
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/cabaret/5523/
(Which will no longer crash your computer. Hopefully.)