Sinister: belle & sebastian on aceeeeeeed!

Alexis Petridis alexis at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 11 20:55:56 GMT 1999

----------
>From: "paul dean" <akumulator at xxx.com>
>To: sinister at majordomo.net
>Subject: Sinister: belle & sebastian on aceeeeeeed!
>Date: Sun, Jan 10, 1999, 10:18 pm
>

> The radio station was WFNX & it was about midnight..the announcer
>mentioned something about b&s and then proceeded to play a bangin'
>chuune - about halfway through my girlfriend nudged me & said that it
>was belle & sebby. I obviously scoffed but then slowly it creeped up on
>me that it was 'the boy with the arab strap' with the music speeded up &
>the lyrics at the same speed.
>
>someone please help - what is going on here - is this a WFNX joke or
>have 'tin tin out' managed to do the same to our heroes as they did to
>the sundays!!?

Am I the only person around here who thinks that sounds like a right laugh?
A Tin Tin Out version of Belle And Sebastian! Wicked idea! Loads and loads
of people in big handbaggy nightclubs like Cream 'avin it large to a cheesy
house version of 'The Boy With The Arab Strap'. Who needs drugs if things
like that happen in the real world?

Sorry about the enormous length of that Felt post I did: virtually the first
thing I send to the list. I hope it didn't come across like someone wanking
off at great length. Apologies, anyway.

Yeah Hefner are great, especially live . The lyrics on the album are
fantastic, the most affecting words I've heard since If You're Feeling
Sinister. And I like the fact that they sound a bit like Television. It's
really exciting to go and see them at the moment - they're always playing
around London - because they're a band on the up, there's always more people
singing along at the next gig etc. Is there anything nicer to see than a
really good band on the rise? Other than nudity etc.

Does anybody know anything about this dancey versh of B&S? Let me know if
you do. This must be investigated further. Unless Paul Dean's taking the
piss and I'm being really dim about it. Hmm.

Take care,
Alexis xx