Sinister: Re: jeepster-news: just some new year news :)

Niceaction at xxx.com Niceaction at xxx.com
Mon Jan 11 22:20:43 GMT 1999

The suntanned Davis & Katrina wrote (welcome back)

<< 	belle and sebastian

 the band have just been nominated for "best newcomer" for this years brit
awards.
 the award will be voted for by the general public (ie you lot) in conjunction
with
 radio one, so if you want b&s to win, either stay tuned to these news letters
or
 bbc radio one (97-99fm). the awards are mid-february sometime, and we'll have
more
 info for you later on. >>

Is the list going to get into a big debate now, as to how lame the Brits are,
and that this is going to turn Struan and his gang from Pop to popular !  i
certainly hope not, or is that what this list is for ? hmmm

I brought the book Young & Foolish today by the author known as Alistair
Fitchitt.  It is a snazzy IN YOUR FACE looking book with a strikingly blue
cover to it.  As much as i dont want to lick the Duke's arse, this is indeed a
fine book.  I'm sorry to say that i had not heard of most of the wee bands
mentioned in the book, but dont let that put you off reading it, ive never
seen the word Pop mention so many times, as well as words like Esurient, yoof
culture, and juxtaposition, what a cool word, aint got a clue what it means,
but im going to use it from now on, maybe when i'm describing how small my
willy is !
Anyway, i cant put the book down, and i never read books, apart from Flat
Stanley, The Twits, and The Witches.

Take it easy people :o)

Jamie