Sinister: It's a boy Mrs.Walker it's a boy!

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 12 09:50:43 GMT 1999

Joe - never mind, it's a natural language mix up. A "Bollock" is a Testicle,
that's the singular of Testes. However, when the Sexpistols say "Never mind
the Bollocks", they don't necessarily mean "Never mind the testicles", it's
more a sort of "Never mind all the other garbage". And was, in 1977 proven
in court by Richard Branson to be not actually a swearword, as the industry
was desperately trying to ban the record at the time. Apparently it was
originally some 13th Century word that monks used.

	It's nice to see that it's perked up on the list. Lets have a great big
poll and see how many of us like the Boards of Canada. I do, they rule in no
uncertain terms. Best newcomer for Belle and Sebastian, that'll be
interesting, but I guess there'll be no chance of them winning without them
agreeing to turn up to receive it, or at least, some cheesy recorded message
of thanks.

	Avalanche in Edinburgh at the moment has an interesting collage in the
window where Chris Geddes's head it cut out from the album sleeve and place
between the legs of Sophie (Janet)Ellis-Bextor's legs. Maybe I'll take a
photo of it soon cause it's funny.

	I bought the reissue version of "Odds and Sods" by the WHO the other day.
It's great there are some total classics on it, and weighing in at a hefty
12 extra tracks, you can hardly complain.

Cheers,
  Keith.