Sinister: Nothing ever happens on Mars

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Tue Jan 12 12:45:31 GMT 1999

Tuesday, and I'm feeling responsive...

> What do i need
> to do (or buy) in order to convert my music, which is on an analogue 4-track
> to a sound file on a web page...."if it's too hard i wont understand it".

Not to bring this up again, but if someone answers Lee privately, would
you mind sending me a copy of the letter?  I have a few really terrible
ways, but I'd like to know some better ones.

> feeling much perked up by the display of support regarding the record
> store sod.

Good!  Having spent most of my professional life in record stores, it
always makes me cringe when I hear about clerks who can't bring
themselves to say "I'm not sure, but I think..."  Like the guy I talked
to this last fall who swore that the vocals on "A Spaceboy Dream" were
done by the guy from Arab Strap.  At least he later admitted he was
wrong.  But then again, I'm sure there were people who thought I was a
record store sod, especially the woman who kept insisting to me that
George Michael "Listen Without Prejudice Volume II" was already out in
Boston, but obviously hadn't been released yet in Alaska (where I was
working at the time).  I hope she knows by now that she was wrong.  The
moral of this story is that I'm always right.

> And where's Susannah?  And R!O!D!?

And Brad?  I know there were some people here who weren't too crazy
about him, but he never ceased to crack me up.  Did I miss his "I'm
leaving the list" post, or has he just gone all quiet (which I find
pretty hard to believe)?

> Tought that i just should mention that swedish radio is broadcasting a
> Belle&Sebastian gig right about now....
> Its recorded in Sweden this summer I think.
> So far they have performed "The boy done wrong again","Dog on wheels"
> and "Mayfly"

Woah woah woah woah WOAH!  Why hadn't this been mentioned yet?  Why
aren't there a billion requests for tapes yet?  This is a post of
massive importance.  Do you realize that this is yet one more Belle and
Sebastian recording that I'll never have?

It's too early to write well,
         Reid