Sinister: hello there (nervous smile)

Graham MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Tue Jan 12 15:50:40 GMT 1999

Dear Sinister

this is my first post to the list, the one I will probably look back on in
under a month and think 'Oh Erica....how could you have said that' but I
felt the need for boldness because I have been reading the list for weeks
now, without quite knowing when to jump onto the bandwagon. I have already
introduced my name, I come from "pretty" Hertford in England and i'm
sixteen years old. Golly! that felt like standing up at AA! but i would
like to ask older members to forgive things I am *bound* to say.....maybe
you were the same when you were my age, or maybe you were worse, who can
tell. At the moment i am failing my gcse mocks while singing to my empty
house and making pictures.
I would like to (suck-up) say that the posts I have already read have been
witty and nearly all readable to everyone...no private jokes....(you can
tell I've been reading the rules) and have made feel dreadfully inadequate
as a b&s fan! I'm learning, glasses on, notepad at the ready..
On the issue of belle and sebastian being nomminated for the brits, I can
decide whether it is a good or bad thing. The newcomer award is voted by
the fans, so it isn't all fat-catted-ness, and previous winners include
Super Furry Animals, not a fabulous band but a proper band non the less.
Oh, and before I crawl back to the window seat, could someone tell me more
about the Papercuts fanzine...where can you get it? it sounds rather
good...
glad I found you sinisterines...
you're lovely.
Erica