Sinister: British TV...

Mew817 at xxx.com Mew817 at xxx.com
Tue Jan 12 16:53:13 GMT 1999

Hi everyone

Robin wrote:
> This reminds me of last Eurovision when I voted for that strange,
>  sweaty German man, who played the little bells and climbed on the
>  scaffolding. He was funny.

When I was living in London for 6 months last year, I had the pleasure of
experiencing the Eurovision Song Contest.  That sweaty German man was indeed
hilarious!  He was great.  Eurovision was a really big deal too, all of my
coworkers were so into it.

I have to say that one of the things I miss most about living there (aside
from Cadbury chocolates and London itself) is the TV.  Sure we only had 4
channels, 5 on a good day, but there were so many great programs.  I lived
with Americans, Canadians, and Australians and we just loved some of the
shows.  Favorites included Eurotrash, Blind Date, Top of the Pops, TFI Friday,
The Cruise, Harry Enfield, and Stars in their Eyes (that show is brilliant!).
If only America made a show like Stars in their Eyes!!  When I moved back here
I was quite upset with TV.  There were too many channels and nothing good on!
Of course, I've now adapted back to US TV and do enjoy our programs, but there
are just some British ones you can't beat.

Someone said something a while back about Stuart David doing something on
Stars in their Eyes, was that true?  I hope it is, that would be so funny!

take care
mew x