Sinister: Nick Drake, Felt...Abba, Queen??

FourJacksAndAJill bkim0 at xxx.edu
Tue Jan 12 22:31:59 GMT 1999

As I had mentioned waaay before, there is a section of "You Made Me Forget
My Dreams" (the piano break) that sounds exactly like the beginning of
Abba's "S.O.S."

Well, now my fellow Sinistars, I have found yet another strange soundalike
to "The Boy With The Arab Strap"--don't know the title but the artist is
Queen and it goes

"Ooh you make me live...you're the best friend that I ever had...ooh,
you're my best friend!"

Both seem to have the same Rhodes shuffle.  Scary.  Oh well, better B&S
kept that than Freddie's soaring vocals (no offense to Queen fans, I'm
just saying do we need another Queen wannabe band to tarnish their
reputation?  Yes, yes, that's what I meant...).

Requisite Sinister diary entry: I was so happy about finally getting to
drink champagne at New Year's that I went out and bought two bottles of
Korbel Extra Dry on Sunday.  I've made it through one and a half bottles
so far (not by myself, and with some Looza Peach Nectar it's damn good).
Korbel is marketing itself as the "Official Champagne of the Millenium"
and "Times Square 2000" is also on its label.  Crass, crass, crass.
Anyway, my point is, it's one of my resolutions to drink more champagne.
I think everyone can benefit from a similar resolution (you could even go
that healthy wine route!).

She's a killer
Xavier
--
BXK                             		M o t h e r ,   M a y
bkim0 at dept.english.upenn.edu     		    I   S l e e p