Sinister: 1999: Sinister Year of Quality

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Tue Jan 12 23:46:23 GMT 1999

Hi Honeyspawn,

I haven't been able to bring myself to delete any of the outpourings (or
should that be outpooings?) of Honey's Digestive system in the last few
days yet: with Volume 3 he seems to have increased my dose to Sinister
Digest Classic rather than that Lite stuff he had been feeding me in the
last few months. The return of Sinister elder statesmen, with tales of
smutty hogmanay japes, dirty phone calls, Incredible String Band references
and all. I've even laughed out loud at one or two posts - keep this up
please chaps.

It was really great to hear the Black session on R1 the other evening, but
a bit of a swiz to only get four tracks. I think we should ALL write to
that nice Mr Lamacq and ask him politely to air the rest of the gig. His
address is steve.lamacq at bbc.co.uk (tht's right, no t's or w's), or there's
a simple mail form to fill in at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/mailroom/mailroom.html . Go on, he won't be
able to resist 800+ of us, and we can limber up our people power for
getting our heroes the Brit award.

I feel left out, having never heard any Felt, Denim or The Pastels - anyone
want to make me a sampler tape? I'll send you a nice late 60's acid rock
tape in return :)

Anne Ward signs off Happy Trails: that album (by Quicksilver Messenger
Service) used to be my favourite, the one you have to listen to every
Sunday night to make sure the next week's going to be alright.

Robert Morris: when complaining of spam, please don't quote all the
aforesaid in your reply, try some judicious editing, or you too will become
a Spam Robert, or even worse, a spam fritter. Thanks.

Chris Leonard ate ail and got smelly. The remedy for this is supposed to be
to eat lots of fresh parsley - then you can forget the fact that you are
stinking the room out, and just be paranoid about opening your mouth to
talk to anyone because your teeth are garnished with lots of half-chewed
green slime. Also more fun than the bleach, although I once knew a girl who
brushed her teeth with Domestos to keep them white.

Mrs Murdoch: please keep us updated on wee Stuart's progress with his
attempts to curb his nasty bedtime habits. Any top household tips on how to
remove crispiness from sheets appreciated too.

Tag likes the Tamperer, and so do I and my friend the cat, having been
introduced to them/her/it by my twelve year old who is currently
alternating between singing about supermodels on his d and entertaining us
with a spot-on impression of Cartman's rasping rendition of In The Ghetto.

Live At Leeds

(that one doesn't really work, does it?)
Chelmsford, UK

In my CD-ROM: Solid Air  -  as the tray popped out the other day.