Sinister: lemsips, lemsips, eat them up, yum!

Fluffy Sarah sarah at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 13 00:22:43 GMT 1999

Hello!

So! Older list statesmen are back, and they make the list good, do they
now. Well nice to know that everyone else who kept on posting if
intermittedylylylyly (?) was shit!!! I'll have you know I am always
interesting. Thas why I'm ranting about Jane Austen. Yeah. Rock!

Chris Leonard Cohen wrote:

>God bless you Sarah.

How did you know I sneezed as soon as I read that? I have floo by the
way. And a reet bummer it is as well.

Over to Megan!

>ok, sarah, i don't think jane austen is trying to criticize women for
>feeling, so much as showing how women can end up suffering for allowing
>themselves to feel, it's more of a society sucks type thing.  jane austen
>writes about it in her novels, but then she gives everyone a happy ending,
>because even if they're rare in real life, when you're dealing with fiction
>one can do whatever one likes.

I don't call the end of Sense and Sensibilty a happy ending! Marianne
has to give up all her passions, I remember somewhere in the novel,
can't remember the exact quote now, but it says that she felt less
"full" or something along the lines of that. She has to marry a man who
she doesn't love, and only just likes and I'll argue it's out of a
strong sense of moral obligation to the "sense" people in the novel, who
looked after her - and what of her feelings? They just dis-app-ear.
Which is good. Jane Austen knows so cos I doubt she ever had a decent
feeling in her life. Oo-er! She criticises both male and female for
feeling, ok I can admit in part a lot of it is satirising yer excessive
Cult of Sensibility, but Austen I feel is just a bitter old lemon faced
prune who writes dull and sarky prose to back up her own cold hearted-
ness. So there :) I hate that fecking book. Dunno about her other
novels. But I bet they are shite as well.

Lighter subjects! Both Mark Cassarotto and Clothilde got the song I was
singing! (typing?) Gary got it too! Wow, thats amazing! I award you a
free...Sarah badge of honour, which I may make, one day :) Lets see if
you can get this song - I am singing the chorus-y bit :)

"lar lar lar, lar, la la laaaaar, lar lar lar lar, laaar la la larrrrr!"

Anna Friel is ace! Despite it being "dance bollocks".

Lesely Jo what is a s-u-v? is it rude??? Can't be as good as Mills and
Boon. I like Mills and Boon. Now thats what I call literature. I could
write Mills and Boon you know. Set in the steamy sultry city of Warton,
where passions rise along with the temperature!

Should I mention that its below zero now?

I am going to buy shoes tomorrow. Possibly. If I am well enough to go
into Manchester, to a posh shoe shop. I will go to the japanese shop as
well, cos it sells funky-doodle Hello Kitty stuff. So, shoes, Hello
Kitty, music, BACON DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER (even though thought of food
makes me feel queasy) and, um....but what shoes can i get? Can we have a
shoes thread? Some "older statesman" (can't have women oh no get back in
the kitchen and read cosmo so you can feel liberated and maybe one day
have an orgasm and dress in all grey and talk about knickers and feel
"raunchy".) endorse the shoe thread please. All I wear now is trainers.
Literally. Even to work. They've not told me off yet, so, the trainers
stay on! A Chatter mentioned desert boots. Hmmmm......*puzzley face* I
am unsure.....help!
I'M GOING NOW BYE!!!!!!
Fluffy Candarel