Sinister: Sarah's daily song puzzle and some other stuff

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 13 01:39:50 GMT 1999

Fluffy wrote:
> "lar lar lar, lar, la la laaaaar, lar lar lar lar, laaar la la larrrrr!"

This is the theme tune to Last of the Summer Wine.  If that wasn't what
you were thinking, Sarah, try it, it works.

My friend Simon thinks I am mad because I worked this out.  He may be
right.

Fantastic to see B&S nominated for best newcomer in the Brits along with
that other new band Cornershop. They really do have their finger on the
pulse down at the BPI (if that's who still does the Brits).  The Sun
today had a bit about the nominees, and a wee section about the fact
that they nominated people you have never heard of.  uh-oh I thought,
but they were actually getting steamed into Lynden David Hall.  And
quite right too.  They also suggested that Neil Finn was not a worthy
nominee for best international male (strangely that means that they
think Pras and Will Smith are).

Stuart, trust me, you do not need to know who Hinda Hicks is.

I trust you all had bearable new years, and it's lovely to have you all
back.  You all seem much cheerier than you were in 1998, and a lot more
talkative.  It's nice, please continue.  I have exams looming and I need
all the nice things around me that I can muster from anywhere.  And does
anyone know why it doesn't seem to snow in Paisley?  Life would be much
lovelier if everything were covered in snow, I think.

Sorry to be so sad re. Last of the Summer Wine.  I need some sleep I
think.

Ailsa