Sinister: la la la, la, la la laaaaaa

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 13 11:10:51 GMT 1999

Kevan, I bow to your superior knowledge.  It IS the theme to the Banana
Splits.  Although the theme to Last of the Summer Wine fits too.  And I
would have thought that it was na, na, na not la, la, la for the Banana
Splits.

Sarah, stop it now please.  This is troubling me greatly, as I do not
like to find myself singing the theme tune to Last of the Summer Wine at
any time.  Even if it isn't even the right answer.  And even if I use
the word 'even' too much.

Oh and I saw Evan Dando at Glastonbury once.  He was trying to find the
stage that he should have been on about twenty minutes earlier.  Some of
you may have been there.  Anyway he was very stoned and looked very
dazed and missed his slot, but got up on top of a caravan at the edge of
the backstage area and sang some songs to passers-by.  It was very
pleasant.  I don't know why everybody hates him. maybe it was the
association with Courtney Love which makes him somewhat akin to Billy
Corgan in that respect.

That's all folks, I'm off to study for these exams whch are getting a
bit too close for comfort.  It is still cold but not yet snowing.  But I
do have an excuse to wear the lovely brown cardie with toggles on it
which my mum knitted for me.  It is a hybrid cardigan-duffle and is
possible the ultimate in B&S wear.  Highly recommended, and any knitters
amongst you can have the pattern if you want it and you ask me nicely.

Bye for now

Ailsa