Sinister: freezing her sex pistols off

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 13 13:14:53 GMT 1999

congratulations to rory for going commando and thus cleverly subverting
the whole "underwear" theme. top prize straight away: a year's supply
of silk boxers from marks and spencers - never will your bits be
vulnerable again. if only stuart's silver pants had been pants in the
english, rather than the american sense. he would have won then.

as for finns, which rory also mentioned, i'm sure they are all lovely but
can't help suspecting that their country has an evil corrupting power. for
my friend's beloved girlfriend went there for 6 months (this is the same
friend who snogged his mysteriously acquired dog on wheels all night, and
therefore dear to my heart of course) and then proceeded to dump him by
letter. surely an environmental effect? the cold got to her heart perhaps.
sniff.

i wanted to write some limericks for the lovely newcomers lauren and
erica, but i am short on inspiration and rhymes at the moment. "sporran"
rhymes with lauren though which must have some comedy potential.

the snow has melted and i nearly fell on my arse last night. want summer.

agh...fingers poised on keys moment. have utterly and completely forgotten
what i was going to say....wait, it's coming...jane austen! although i
agree with fluffy that she was a lot more bitter and nasty that some
people think (you should see her letters...) i reckon she had a lot of
imporatnt things to say about the limitations of women's positions in
sense and sensibility ie. having to be polite in company sucked, social
expectations of decorum were the problem as well as personal emotions
getting out of control. financially eleanor and marianne could not afford
to be emotionally open, and this is criticised by austen i think. and how
do you know that marianne didn't love colonel thingy at the end - after
all she had been very ill and so wasn't up to the fast-paced crazy stuff
with the likes of willoughby any more. mature love and affection, that's
what i always hoped they both got in the end. and persuasion is a bloody
gREAT book.

off to frolic with a bollock, archel xxx
Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk
http://members.tripod.com/~RPlayforth/welcome.htm

"We're the younger generation, we grew up fast.
 All the others did drugs, they're taking it out on us."