No subject

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 13 13:24:51 GMT 1999

So we have found JD finally and he is at the North Eastern seaside,as
someone had published and I read...

All the Glass family stories are fantastic,but my favourite are 'Franny
and
Zooey', and 'A Perfect Day for the Banana Fish'.So sad,touching and magic.
I also love some other bits of him more optimistic like 'The
catcher...',obviously (especially when he speaks about Jane Gallagher and
the summer they spent together , playing draughts)and one of the 'Nine
stories' which title I cannot remember very well, it might be 'The war
against the skimos'? About a girl who plays tennis every Saturday morning
with other girl who never gives her change for the taxi, and that's why
she meets incidentally this other's girl's brother who is a sort of geezer
but absolutely charming.

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner was written by Alan Sillitoe,
who together with the lately mentioned DH Lawrence are the glories of
Nottinghamshire literature.The Loneliness...is a great book, too.I read
when I was fourteen or so, and felt I had a lot in common with the bloke
in it,though I had never been in a borstal and never managed to run more
that 100 metres without disnea starting.

Underwear note: Today, and this is not usual, that's why I post about it,
I am wearing some stylish,dark blue,lacy , matching bra and knickers.
Archel's remark about the difference between matching and not matching
pairs is really clever.Womanhood (does this word exist?)could be split up
between females wearing matching bra + knickers every day and the ones who
currently don't (me ,for instance).Gwyneth Paltrow would be in the first
group for sure, though I had never the chance to see her in her undies in
any film.

xxxooooxxxx

Arantxa