Sinister: next generation stadium rockers

Jonas Svensson moomin1998 at xxx.com
Wed Jan 13 21:59:41 GMT 1999

Hi everybody (serious b&s content in this one)

i´m listening to the recent swedish broadcast, lovely. i checked the
webpage of my local recordstore (www.skivhugget.se) and made a b&s
search and found to my suprise that they had tigermilk listed on
import-cd. could this be the new jeepster release, i didn´t know that
jeepster had set a release date. the page said 99-02-20, hope they are
right. insanly expensive if it isn´t bootleg (277skr, ~25pound).

i also found belle and sebastian mentioned in the newspaper. in an
article about the state of modern literature, i might as well translate
a little bit of it, since it´s an unusual place to find b&s content. and
it tells is what those lines really are about :) excuse my poor english
i´m doing this quick, and i didnt really understand it in swedish but it
sounded nice
"i´m not as sad as dostoyevsky, i´m not as clever as mark twain, sings
stuart murdoch in the glasgow band belle & sebastianon a new ep, this is
just a modern rock song. in the lowtuned and careful (hmm) there is a
powerreservoeir, something that makes the words powerful and real. It´s
about to remain in ones tiredness and ambivalence, about observing the
citys state from a passioned distance: no theatre, no played safety..
(then he starts to go on on writers today)" (gp del3)

oh yes and the brit awards, i´d like to say that i hope that they´ll win
and become the biggest band in the world. but then would we really like
to see them live at wembley. on a second thought, i might want that
anyway. i mean consider all those people singing along.

and one last thing was it only one song that they didn´t play in the
swedish broadcast??

take care
-jonas