Sinister: Curate's egg/Fox & Fleetwood/Stars in Their Eyes/Shoes

Charlotte Hall Charlotte.Hall at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 14 12:14:41 GMT 1999

     Curate's egg. Something that is good in parts. Derived supposedly from
     a meek curate (assistant priest) who on being given a stale egg said
     "Parts of it are excellent". Which is how I feel about Is It Wicked
     Not to Care. Etymology, B&S content and controversy in one step. What
     more could you want?

     The Brits presenting combo. Now I'm seeing Roger Daltrey and Tori
     Spelling.

     I believe it was Chris Leonard who was promising to appear on Stars in
     Their Eyes, as Johnny Mathis. Chris, whatever happened to your bold
     plan? You could subvert the whole system by coming on as Johnny Mathis
     but then singing something entirely different. A crowd-pleasing WHO
     song, perhaps.

     Charlotte

     On my feet: Shiny black leather Shelly's lace-ups