Sinister: Lalalaing in London,1968

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 14 13:58:38 GMT 1999

Queridos siniestros :

Lee wrote :
"the snow in Nottinghamshire"

It has already dissappeared, true.I really miss a good snow, to have a
good excuse not to come to School, for example.So Lee,are you in Notts.
too? So at least we are three!

Fluffy, I have the solution to your enigma : without doubt ,that tacky
song spinning in your mind only can be 'La la la',by the unique Massiel.
And now I will have seven hundred and ninety British/American/Australians
wondering : 'What?'.Some hint: it was the song chosen by St Etienne to
make a cover for that album with Eurovision songs released last year.It
was the first time Spain won the Eurovision contest! So with this literate
reference I have resumed both the most interesting topics in the list
later.

Massiel's performance and white,ye-ye dress is an absolute must to see for
any person interested in the history of camp. Her victory in London was a
really huge event en Spain, and it served well Franco's regime interests
to keep Spanish youngsters away from their French peers street-fighting
that Spring...

And I think she beated Sir Cliff's 'Congratulations' !

Underwear note: Matching but tasteless (not even
bikini-showing-off-belly-pants, as expert Jessica recommends)

Arantxa