Sinister: sinister virgin

Gary Parkinson gary.parkinson at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 14 15:57:54 GMT 1999

Many greets

I've known some sinister virgins in my time.

I know I'm supposed to wait for like a year or something before I start
mailing to youse kids, but I couldn't wait. Sorry.

Firstermost: snow. It's beauty, ain't it? Unfortunately, it never bloody
happens here (Manchester). Here, it just rains. Outside today it's
glistening like an open sore, or like a gem of sputum. Nice enough, in its
own way.

Secondlymost: undies. This is the best list ever without question. I could
never talk about pants on any of my other lists. Personally, I go for the
all-encompassing Y-front, pulled right up to the chin if necessary. Socks,
anyone? Does anybody know where to get those wierd garter things favoured by
stars of '60s farces that hold your socks up?

Firdly: literature. Douglas Coupland kind of gives me the horn. 'Girlfriend
in a Coma' made me cry in the park. When I saw him in our local bookshop,
the kid in front of me in the queue gave him a half-eaten bag of Skittles
and he was joyful as a pup and said they were like jewels. What a luv.
Should you want scary bad stuff to read however, then I heartily and lungily
recommend Dennis Cooper. Grisly and poetic all at the same time, beautiful
in the way that a bruise can be.

Fourthally: The Incredible String Band! The Incredible String Band! The
Incredible String Band! Oh mum, I feel I've come home! Have you any idea how
long I've been plaguing my friends with Stringband nonsense, to rapturous
blank stares or slightly hostile punches in the face. And now, somebody (who
was that? So many e-mails, so little attention span) mentions the glorious
hippies. Whoever it was, may the long-time sun shine on you, all love
surround you, and the pure light within you guide your way home.

More later, I'm sure. I have to go now, I've knick-knacks to buff.

Cheer, Gazzoid.