Sinister: semi-naked in somebody else's room

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 14 16:20:15 GMT 1999

dear list,

glad to see that we're all keeping up this exalted topic. i am absolutely
convinced that the women of the world can usefully be
divided into the two categories mentioned: those who wear matching undies
and those who don't. i have one, un, uno set of matching bra and pants,
and they're from BHS so they don't exactly make me
"sorted woman of the world with an understanding of
silk and underwires whose chest of drawers/washing routine would
put mussolini to shame and who will not be laughed at if she gets run
over". speaking of which, i really don't understand how it could be
important what your underwear looked like if you were in a road accident -
i'd like to think that our medical professionals would be looking at your
injuries rather than your skid marks...

i think on the whole i prefer the sort of women who don't always match,
and who on occasion dye all their knickers grey (like me), although no
disrepect to the listees who have so beautifully described their
floral/lacy/silky/push-up combos. i'm really quite jealous.

damn, i seem to have expended all my mental energies on pants. sorry.

and beth, i'd love to be your friend, as long as my mummy and your mummy
say it's okay. write and tell me about your pants. god, that sounded
disgusting and pervy - didn't mean it like that. lesley jo has clearly
traumatised and corrupted me with her version of "we rule the school". by
the way lj, i had been considering the very same questions about that
song as you, and am also confused.

luv archel
Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk