Sinister: falling softly, softly falling....

Alix Campbell alix.campbell at xxx.net
Thu Jan 14 20:45:48 GMT 1999

.....but rain not snow. and i've probably misquoted that anyway. i'd like to
appeal to the angels of precipitation, to stop all this rain. i'm getting
pretty tired of it. i shall have to write to god, and then all those naughty
angels will be in trouble. yeah, that'll teach them to play tricks on us.
all this rain, they must be taking the piss. i'm sure i'm due some snow. and
ice. and sleet. and maybe a decent power cut, too. with candles, and people
panicking. that'll do me.

thankyou charlotte h for the curate's egg. i always thought it was something
much harder to understand. perhaps i am cleverer now than a year ago..

now, to the real business. undergarments...cynthia s mentioned the supreme
Marilyn Monroe, and as i am the expert concerning this lovely lady, i can
confirm that she did indeed wear her bra in bed. i'm happy to confirm any
other things about the lovely Ms. M too. and if i don't know, i'll make it
up and you won't even know. bonus, or what?
longjohns: when in a person's life do they think 'now is the time to start
wearing longjohns'? because i can't imagine anyone wanting to, so how does
it happen? i might be wrong though, it may only be me who finds the prospect
of them wholly unattractive.

i don't know any welsh swear words, i feel that i have failed
somehow...incidentally, is anyone from cardiff university here?

mao tse-dung kicks ass

alix.x

"No, Patrick," Luis says. "They were . . . broiled"
It's silent in the boardroom as I contemplate this, thinking it through
before asking, finally,
"What's 'broiled,' Luis?"
"I'm not sure," he says. "I think it involves . . . a pan"