Sinister: full moon empty heart

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.Edu
Fri Jan 15 05:10:54 GMT 1999

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, jessica wrote:

> my ex used to say i looked like tanya
> when my hair was long. his friend said i looked like claire danes. my friend
> matt says i look like lisa loeb. a bunch of nuts, all of them. i'm clearly a
> dead ringer for chloe sevigny.

  Okay, Miss Jessica, it's time I tell you and the rest of this list that
we are secret twins.  I was more than a little surprised myself.  I have
been compared to Tanya Donnelly on several occasions (see inside-- I think--
Blake Babies' Innocence & Experience album.  Profile of picture of a
younger incarnation of Tanya laughing...).  Moreover, my students last
semester got together one day and determined that I look like Claire
Danes, which I've been told since My So-Called LIfe was still in
syndication.  I'll admit that I've never compared to Lisa Loeb (and
obviously your friend was mistaken.  You don't look like Lisa Loeb
either, since you must, by default, look like me), but (dramatic music,
please) two of my friends saw The Last Days if Disco on the same day.
Both called me afterwards to tell me how much I resemble Chloe Sevigny.
After this self-obsessed spiel, I come to the conclusion that Jessica and
I must resemble each other somehow.  Anyone think we could have been
separated at birth?

Kristen