Sinister: Ramblings of an old-timer

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Fri Jan 15 13:03:08 GMT 1999

PAGING LEE WHITEHEAD.  LEE WHITEHEAD, PLEASE PICK UP A WHITE COURTESY
PHONE: I tried to email you, but those kind folks at virgin.net sent it
back to me, and I couldn't get them to tell me why, regardless of how
much leg I showed.  So if you could just send an email my way to verify
your address, I'll give it a second try.

Okay, everyone else can listen in now.  Hi, my name's Reid and I'm not
new to the list.  Can I just tell you how excited I was to see "from:
P.S. Mitchell" yesterday?  He's back!  It's like the second coming.  To
all of those new kiddies (those last two digests were were sponsored by
the phrase "Hello my name is..."), pay attention to everything that Paul
says.  He knows what he's doing, and he knows what he's saying.  He's my
list hero.  That's different than a list crush.

Speaking of list crushes, I added Mrs. Murdoch to the list of names, so
everyone should go vote for her.  This should satisfy the itch to
confess your love to her, at least until her own website is up, complete
with voting booth where you can vote on a scale of 1-10 on her body
parts.  Her former womb gets a 10.

I'm pretty fascinated with all this Brit Awards stuff.  Fascinated
mostly because everyone seems to think that everyone else is going to
get mad if they win, but we all know that no one will.  The thing is,
the only thing that is going to change about Belle and Sebatian if they
ever get really huge is this list.  It'll be inundated with "I really
really like that song 'Is it Wicked When You Cry' because sometime I cry
too, and I've written an essay on one time when I cried really hard when
my brother was mean to me."  But other than that, Belle and Sebastian
will stay the same.  They don't do interviews, so you're not likely to
see their faces on Entertainment Tonight, they're on small labels, so
they'll release what they want when they want...I just don't see it
changing the music or the band at all.  If they win, I think it'll be
funny more than anything else.

On a completely unrelated not, Kin wrote about "Buffy the Vampire
Slayer":

> It's not kitschy at
> all,

WHAT?!  Are you serious?  Now, I'm totally with you about it being the
best show on TV, and yes, it is genuninely spooky and exciting.  But
it's also by far and away the campiest thing that I've ever seen.  It's
one of the few shows around that's guaranteed to make me laugh out loud
every time I watch it.  The classic moment was when Willow was in the
hospital, and Zander was giving her a tearful speech, and it was this
hilarious send-up of every tearjerker, teen-flick hospital-bed
speech..."You can't go.  I mean, how am I going to pass Trig, y'know?"
Classic.

I need new underwear.  Nothing exciting, but underwear without holes in
it.  Imagine how embarrassed my mother would be if I got in a car
accident.

No one ever answered me: whatever happened to Brad?  I can't be the only
one who cares...he's #2 in the list crush vote.

I'm finished with you now,
      Reid