Sinister: ye-ye girl from Misery

rebelstrange at xxx.Miller rebelstrange at xxx.Miller
Mon Jan 18 03:21:16 GMT 1999

hey-oh,  i love the Ye-ye thread.  I was vintage shopping yesterday in
belleville at the vintage shop(go figure) and i looked hard and long for a
ye-ye dress, but i didnt' find anything that even remotely resembled one.
it was very upsetting, all the dresses were far too long to be ye-ye, but i
did get a lovely knitted dress of navy blue with sleeveless styling,
patterned v-neck and little bordered pockets on the front, it was very
Amelia Fletcher somehow.   Last night i fell asleep listening to France
Gall, after a long struggle, and dreamed of possessed witch girls who helped
me murder a cult member boy and then when i was trying to save her sanity,
she became a snake like witch woman and her purple tongue flicked on my arm
and it burned me.  but i think i eventually shook her back to consciousness
after she threw the magic fairy down the stairs for the 3rd time, and the
horse came back as a robot to assist her in saving the  world.  I was about
to write a book  about it all but it had a very improper scene in it i'm not
sure would be healthful.

So where did all these new kids come from?  1999 explosion anyone??  what up
wit dat?  Listen and gather round, tender young shoots! and pay an ear to
Honey.  Very soon, you'l learn to welcome his posts as the guiding hand of a
caring mum who loves you.  I did!  Now  take your scarf when you go out,
you'll catch your death of cold.
thanks for the quiz, tag.  i had to call a neutral on teh question about
clubs, as i am a shut-in, and hypothetically predict the sinister get
together question, but i came out with a nine. i'm not sure what that means.
but i love quizzes.
Hello, hope you'll all excuse my gushing here, but i've just been listening
to all my new live things, the NY shows and some radio show things, and i
was just all excited about how amazing it is, and how lucky i was to be able
to see them play.  It's so beautiful when Isobel sings harmony in "Belle and
sebastian" and her and sarah's string bit in the live "seeing othe rpeople"
and when weechris gets down and funky on the keyboards, go man go!  the
wrong girl is a little lame, the words are silly, but the chorus thing is
nice, when stu sings back up and they get their motown groove on, dirty
dream style, I do enjoy that, however i'm not sure if it  ttoally redeems
the song, but it's pleasant enough.  poupee de cire!!!  say no more.
*shudder pleasantly*   I finally got my Tiggerjam for my birthday prez.  i'm
just relieved to have it in my hands.  how could you all dis the gate like
that?  It's so lovely and sweet and SO true.  and it has banjo in it, fer
cripes sake, what more can you ask?  the uh, melody of slow graffiti is
sublime.  that's all i have to say no more boring for you.  (!)
you may enjoy knowing i've been updating the b/s and wee world pages, the
wee world is also looking for your input if anyone would be pleased to do
so, any remarks on why isobel is groovy, to add to the obsessiveness.
nothing like "isobel is God"---cos she's not! (shock, gasp, surprise)   just
anything nice, maybe you met her once, maybe you just think her  voice is
purty, anything that's not  vulgar, cos i wont'  be held be responsible for
that sort of thing, you naughty  boys know who you are!  even little
drawings you have or isobel related scribbles or oil portraits in gilt
frame, or a velvet isobel, or life size models in clay.
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Atrium/4967/isobel.html
(so you wont' have to ask me later)

>From the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the English
Language,    new  edition:
twee (twe-) adj, Chiefly Brit.     affectedly dainty or quaint:  "twee
writing about furry little  creatures".  (1900-05; appar. reduced from
"tweet"{perhaps via pronoun "twi?}, mimicking child's pronunciation of
"sweet")

and that is verbatim.  i recalled soemone asking about the etymology of
Twee, so i found that interesting. t

genevieve, your last post had me rolling.
"on your extrodainry genes that gave wee stu such a fine..err what is the
term.. gluteus maximus?and i just want you to know that if Stuart
Murdoch and James Van Der Beek,aka Dawson ever got into a fight,i would
so be on Stu's side to kick the shite out of Dawson,wheee!) and Stuart
David can leap into the crowd and give everyone purple nurples and
Stuart Murdoch can lick his finger and touch his belly button and make
that 'sizzzzzzle' sound and cry out 'DAMN i'm hot!it's all good,from the
front to the back,and I get down with my badself' and then collapse in a
heap and have to be removed by a stretcher.."

I must admit i'm not sure what all of that meant, and i'm troubled by any
mention of Dawson's Creek, as well as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" which is a
crap show i have to admit but i digress....but I can attest to the quality
of said gluteus maximus, with appropriate um, authority, and objectivity as
well.  i think if they win the Brit award, they should be on there live and
play the show, and look all confused by the lights and stuff and stu would
be staring at the floor, but during the bits where isobel doesn't play
cello, she could be on a lifting platform wearing a ye-ye dress and go-go
boots and glittery fake eyelashes, and go-go dance like Edie with the
Velvets.  that's what Jess and I have decided anyway.
Oh, and who is Billie?  do we not have her over here in the states?  we have
Brittney spears, thought, at least i think that is her name.   Thankyou
Michael "cheeky rake" Barrett, for the lovely imagery of isobel getting her
groove thang on with pants halfway down her arse infront of a lycra dancing
line. Yum!   Next I assume we can see Stuart and wee Chris with adidas track
suits and 50-pound gold chains, smoking Philly blunts in a jumping street
machine filled with jheri-curl  honeys.  Mackin' it!

sarah m, a woman after my own heart:
 hey all, i cannot seem to get 'the gate' out of my head. isobel has such
a mesmirizing voice, its so very beautiful. when i saw b&s, she looked
like a doll!.......... isobel dolls anyone?
....actualy y'all can see the isobel doll, very soon arriving at the wee
world, get ready.  I'll have jess pick up some more and i can sell them to
gullible obsessives for exorbitant prices.  mmm....fraud....

I'll stop here before i harm anyone.
lesleyjo
http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
No bachelor has ever experienced such desolate loneliness as does the
spinster; for the bachelor is a man, and the older spinster but a male-like
woman.
--Dr. Joseph Tanenbaum, _The Riddle of Woman_, 1936