Sinister: je suis music

Patrick Osborne patrickosborne at xxx.com
Mon Jan 18 23:09:57 GMT 1999

> JE SUIS MUSIC PRESS RELEASE,JANUARY 1999.
> "200 TROUBLED TEENAGERS"
> When a Japanese tourist offered je suis MUSIC DJ Joe Egg £2000 for his
> copy of "Tigermilk", the legendary first album by Glaswegian recluses
> Belle and Sebastian, he knew the time was right to hold the first
> evening dedicated to the first group since The Smiths that really
> turned him on.

At the risk of sounding like a name dropper, which I'm not, I promise!
I've spoken to Joe Egg about the B&S night and it should be good.  The
Paradise Bar is a fine venue - I know to most of London New Cross is in the
middle of nowhere but it's not that hard to get to, honestly!  7 mins from
London Bridge.  'Twas Mr Egg himself who copied tigermilk for a friend of
mine who then copied it for me, so I can vouch for his keeness (is that a
word?!).  It will be a good night...

Patrick