Sinister: To Gabi and Tara

João Henrique Horst horst at xxx.br
Tue Jan 19 03:58:29 GMT 1999

Oi,

since you seem to appreciate it.....

"Had I been treated differently by the newspapers in England and in this country, had I been commended and endorsed, for the first time in my life I should have doubted myself and my mission...What possible difference can it make to me what the New York Herald says ? You go and look at the statue of the Venus de Milo and you know that it is an exquisitely beautiful creation. Would it change your opinion in the least if all the newspapers in the land should pronounce it a wretched caricature ? Not at all. I know that I am right, that I have a mission to perform. I am indestructible!"

Wilde, in a letter to Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. February 1882.

Now, seriously, B&S on French TV ? Someone please record it in NTSC and send the tape to me. I'd sell my only sister for it. And I'd deliver her !!! Toute de suite.

On the Brit Awards subject....wasn't it Rolling Stone magazine I would have never heard of If You're Feeling Sinister back in 97. Right, they're not newcomers, Pulp weren't (what to say of Cornershop then ?), but someone still deserves to know them. Be famous, get fat and tour around Brazil !!!

"All I wanted was to sing the saddest songs
If somebody sings along I will be happy now".

Um beijo,
Jh

Jh