Sinister: Kate Jugsy's Massive Rugs

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Jan 19 09:56:43 GMT 1999

Good morrow!

ROD BEGBIE

The other day I was listening to the 1991 top twenty on the BBC, and
there was a new entry for EMF and "Unbelievable", followed by another
new entry for Jesus Jones and their "International Bright Young
Things". For some reason, these two records reminded me of Rod Begbie,
and how desolate and windswept the list is without him. Rod is abroad,
so I'm sure he listens to the BBC World Service, which just happens to
have launched a new request show, "Wright Around the World",
introduced by Steve Wright, formerly of "Steve Wright in the
Afternoon", which had us all in stitches throughout the eighties.
Denim were on it once, and they all laughed at poor old Lawrence, just
like in the school playground all those years ago. But I digress. What
I was thinking was, one of us (probably me) could send in a request
for Rod on behalf of the whole list, asking him to find a window in
his busy schedule and come back to the list. We could even request a
B&S song, although that would probably ensure failure. However, if we
told Steve Wright about "Popgob" it would probably be a winner,
because it's a very Steve Wrightish sense of humour. So, that's my
plan. I just thought I'd ask in case anyone objects to being "outed"
in such a way.

IN SEARCH OF PANTNESS

All this talk of underwear! I don't know where to look! Personally, I
like to walk around as nature intended, wearing pants AND a vest. I'm
sure all you gentlemen know what I mean. Ladies! Don't leave home
without first donning a pair of panty-gurdles.

VILLA PARK HALL OF FAME

I have no idea what happened to Jimmy Riddle and Nigel Spunk, but I do
know that Tony Barton, who performed a monkey's function at Villa park
after Ron Saunders went off sulking, at least according to Ron
Saunders, had a heart attack or something, and generally had a rough
old time of it, bless him. Still I'd rather have a heart attack AND a
European Cup winner's medal than no heart attack and no medal. I
think.

OH THE SNOT HAS CAKED AGAINST HIS "PANTS"

Arthur Lee. I bet hundreds of people have answered that question
overnight. Mr Lee is regarded as eccentric by the music press, as
opposed to mentally ill, because it's funnier. One of his funnier
exploits, according to the aforementioned muisc press, was to wake up
in his van on tour in Britain, just as it was pulling into a petrol
station on the motorway. "Wow!" said Arthur, "So this is Liverpool,
the home of tthe Beatles!"

Well I thought it was funny anyway.

ROBERT McRAGTAG

I thought Robert's quiz was splendid, especially the funeral bit. I
would have enjoyed it even more if I'd known it was going to cause
such outrage. Robert, I'm afraid I didn't tape that Yé Yé programme. I
tried to, but it's been so long since I used the damn video that I
couldn't rememebr how to do it. We have to swap leads around or
something. At any rate, the other day I tried to make it sound better
than it was, they were only little ten second clips of performances,
quite frustrating really, becasue Lulu was just beginning to get
really psyched up. Or out. But there was an amusing social commentary
song about a girl walking along wearing a mini skirt that kept getting
more and more mini as she walked along. I'm sure it'll be repeated
soon, so I'll try and get it next time.

YÉ YÉ DRESSES

Fluffy, aren't they Yé Yé dresses that you drew on the female members
of Melys when you sent me that fantastic picture?

GIRL GROUP FRENZY

I bought a girl group thing the other week too. It's called "Playin'
Hard to Get" and it is quite hard to get, I don't really get it at
all. Perhaps I should listen to it some more.

RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO SAY

It's getting quite obvious, so I'll wend my merry way to the toilet,
where I'm sure I'll be welcome.

Sister Disco